How to Tell if You Need a New Roof
If you are wondering if it’s time to get a new roof, Joe Ward Roofing can provide an inspection to determine the problem and suggest a solution. As your leading roofing contractors in Miami, our team would be happy to come out to your home or place of business and assess the state of your roof. Through this consultation, we can better assess whether you need a repair or replacement.
Here are some tell-take signs that it’s time for a new roof on your home:
- Old Age: Shingle roofs, which make up about 80 percent of all roofs in the United States, usually last 20 years before they start to curl, peel and otherwise fail. If you know your roof is old and you are experiencing repeated problems with it, it may be time to invest in a new roofing system. Of course, other factors are involved in this decision as well, such as how many layers of shingles you have, the amount of ventilation you’re receiving, and how good of a job the previous roofers did.
- Condition of Materials: If you are noticing curling or buckling shingles, for example, your roof may be approaching the end of its life — particularly if you have repeated problems where you’ve done so many repairs on your roof and the same thing keeps happening.
- Damaged Flashing: If the flashing around your chimneys, peaks, vents and other roof accessories is damaged in some way, leading to leaks, it may be time for repair, waterproofing or a whole new roof in Miami FL depending on the age of your roof.
- Finding Granules in the Gutter: Most shingle roofs consist of a mineral granules embedded in either asphalt or fiberglass. When these granules start eroding and washing into your home’s gutters, it means the shingles are losing their cohesion and are primed to fail.
- Dampness in the Attic: If the underside of your roof decking is damp, experiences condensation and drips, or has dark stains, that means water has infiltrated and damaged the roof structure. Quick action may repair some sections, but letting it go too long may required complete roof replacement.
Call for FREE Roofing Quote
Have you experienced any of the above conditions? Don’t hesitate to call the leading roofing contractors in Miami, Joe Ward Roofing, for a free, no-obligation estimate at 305-233-6316 in Florida City or 561-741-8919 in Jupiter.